18 Signs You’ve Been Living in Spain When You Go Out To Eat in the UK and …
- You sit down and expect waiter service … wherever you go.
- When you do go to the bar to order, you get into trouble for walking away without paying for your order.
- You get funny looks for smiling at the strangers on the table next to you.
- You find yourselves entering restaurants for your evening meal … as they are closing.
- You annoy the staff by re-arranging the tables to accommodate your large group.
- You get frowned upon for not saying “please” as often is considered polite.
- You upset your friends, not least to say the waiter, when you reply honestly when asked if everything is okay with your meal.
- You tuck into somebody else’s plate of food, forgetting that everybody orders their own.
- You are sent daggers as you shout “Jesus” across the table when somebody sneezes.
- You expect all omelettes to contain potatoes.
- You send back thickly-sliced Parma ham and ask for some real jamón.
- You order your water, with or without gas.
- You cannot help yourself correcting all the incorrect pronunciations of “chorizo”.
- You avoid ordering a coffee … anywhere!
- You don’t even look at the kid’s menu when ordering for your children.
- Your jaw hits the floor when the barman produces a double measure that only just covers the bottom of the glass.
- You expect the waiter to ask you to remind him what you’ve eaten and drank, when you ask for the bill.
- You are totally oblivious to the desperation of the staff as you spend hours after the meal, simply chatting and enjoying yourself with your companions. You are in no hurry to vacate your table … (sobremesa 😉 )
The following two tabs change content below.
Founder at Family in Spain SL
We love Family Life In Spain. Join us as we share experiences and essential updates, advice & assistance related to living in and moving to Spain. ¡ Olé !
Latest posts by Lisa Sadleir (see all)
- Bilingual Education in Spain: It’s Time To Make A Decision - 4th March 2018
- What is paddle tennis in Spain? Actually, its “padel” and it’s addictive. - 8th January 2018
- Buying In Spain: Could moving to Spain be a dream come true for you? - 4th September 2017