Here’s another of our easy “lifestyle change” healthy (ish) easting recipes. It’s great to have in the fridge for when those unavoidable “I really need a munchy” feeling kicks in. It is best enjoyed with celery sticks, cucumber chips or carrot strips … pitta bread is even nicer (as a treat of course!)
The amount of spice you add can be varied subject to your own personal taste.
Crushed Bean Dip
You will need:
Jar of butter beans (or similar)
Jar of chickpeas
Juice of 2 lemons & Zest of 1 lemon
2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
2 tsp ground cumin
Tub of natural yoghurt (125g)
Fresh corriander (optional)
- Pour half the chickpeas and half the beans info a food processor.
- Add the crushed garlic, cumin, lemon juice and yoghurt and process until you have a smooth paste.
- Slowly add in the remaining beans and chickpeas until you achieve the desired consistency.
- Finally, stir in the lemon zest & chopped corriander.
Eat immediately or store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Latest posts by Lisa Sadleir (see all)
- How To Get Settled Into Your New Home & Location - 18th March 2021
- Where are the Best, Safest and Cheapest Places to Live in Spain? - 9th November 2020
- A Sand Free Towel: A Reality or an Oxymoron? - 30th August 2020