12 Weeks Of School Summer Holidays in Spain…
As I write this post, I still cannot believe it is the last day of the long, school summer holidays in Spain.
Every summer, our children break up for 12 weeks of school summer holidays. Yes, you read that correctly: three months; 12 weeks; eighty days …
In our post, Sure Signs That You’re Adapting to Life As A Mum in Spain, Nº 8 was: “You stop dreading the arrival of the 12 weeks school summer holidays.”
And I confess, I no longer dread the summer holidays, I actively look forward to them and spend months planning all the adventures we could have filling those three months; 12 weeks; eighty days.
Am I mad? Maybe, but it is all about embracing opportunity and making the most of what may initially seem like a difficult situation.
You can listen to where and why we go where we go on holiday in August here:
Admittedly, it is easier for us than for some families who are unable to avoid work commitments. However, we have carefully adapted our lives in Spain to be able to enjoy rather than endure these situations. (Click here to read: Why Working From Home In Spain Rocks )
Last year, it was more challenging and despite booking a long holiday in Cadiz, my work spoilt what could have been a wonderful holiday. That, of course, has now all changed and I am free to enjoy this time with our children, and enjoy it we have.
(If you haven’t followed our journey so far, read my post: Do what you love. Love what you do!)
In this post, we will share with you how we planned and spent this year’s school summer holidays in Spain. Hopefully, this will give you some ideas how to enjoy rather than endure this time with your children. It’s all about planning…
So, how have we enjoyed our 12 Weeks of school summer holidays in Spain?
Click each of the links below to read the related articles, including information, directions and insider tips we want to share with you.
(NOTE: If the links are not active yet, it means that I haven’t managed to post the article yet … I’m out of practice following our 12 week holidays remember 😉 )
This is how we spent our time …
- A trip to Alicante: Hit the mediterranean beaches before they fill up for the summer!
- One month of summer camp: School camps and sports camps (spoilt for choice!)
- A week of beach and pool visits: Not a bad way to fill a week!
- 2 weeks in Cadiz: A fantastic location for a family summer holiday!
- 1 week of beach, bbq and lakes visits: Read about Snorkelling in Maro and A visit to the Lakes in Malaga.
- A trip to the UK: Avoid the queues as UK children are back at school! Legoland Windsor & Science Museums in London.
See how quickly that went! Where did those three months; 12 weeks; eighty days go?
We have had such a wonderful summer and are already thinking about how to enjoy next summer. The only problem now is that I have to get back into work mode. There are only so many times you can tell people that you are “de vacaciones” … Maybe I’ll send them a copy of this post so they will understand. After all, it is one of the many reasons we chose to live and love our Family Life In Spain.
How do you spend your summer? Do you enjoy it or endure it? Send us your stories and ideas.
¡Feliz vuelta al cole!
Latest posts by Lisa Sadleir (see all)
- Dog Beaches Spain 2019: Fun in the sun with our furry friends! - 3rd June 2019
- The Truth About Bilingual Schools in Spain: Our Story - 2nd March 2019
- Five Factors To Consider Before Moving To Mijas Costa - 28th January 2019