Yesterday we made our annual visit to MIMA Malaga at the Palacio de Ferias y Congresos in Málaga.
MIMA Malaga is basically like a huge indoor play area and fairground for children of all ages. For only €6 per child and €5 per adult, you can enjoy hours of fun!
The event is designed for leisure and family entertainment during the Christmas holidays and takes place each year, at the Trade Fair and Congress Centre of Malaga, FYCMA, around the dates of December 26th to January 4th.
It is an indoor amusement park with over 60 recreational, sporting and educational activities where children, between 2 and 12 years, learn and play.
The fact that is it all undercover means that it can be enjoyed whatever the weather, even though we are lucky to have blue skies and sunshine in Malaga, for most, if not all, of the festive season.
There are activities such as typical fairground rides, a natural ice rink, a mini-golf course, a basketball court, a climbing wall and zip line circuit, road safety workshops, environmental workshops, mathematical development, crafts, face painting, pool areas, trampolines, bouncy, parades, storytelling, theatres and more…
Sponsored by Unicaja, MIMA closed its doors last year having had more than 32,000 visitors, 67 activities and 40 visits to schools.
Not surprising really when you get so much for such a small amount of money!
Family in Spain TIPS:
- Get there early as it gets very busy. Mornings tend to be quieter than evenings.
- Book your tickets online at least the day before to avoid ticket office queues (https://www.ticketea.com/-entradas-mima-2014-muestra-infantil-de-malaga/) NB: You cannot buy them on the same day!
- The queues only get longer so just get in line for the activity or ride you want to enjoy and be ready to entertain the little ones while in the queues.
- Although advertised for up to 12 years, most of the activities are better suited for up to 10 years.
- It is loud! If your children do not like busy, noisy places then it is not recommendable.
- If you plan to stay for lunch there are a few options but, again, eat earlier if you can to avoid the queues or even take your own picnic.
MIMA Malaga 2014 Opening hours:
From Friday 26 December to Sunday 4 January, from 11.00 to 21.00 hrs.
Closed: Wednesday, December 31 and Thursday, January 1st.
MIMA Malaga 2015 Entrance fees:
Children: 6 €
Adult: € 5
OAP: 4 € *
General admission includes all rides and activities at MIMA 2014 except climbing wall with zip line 2 €; pool areas, 2 €; and Rink, 3 €. In the Ice Rink is compulsory to wear gloves.
Location and map MIMA Malaga 2015:
Palacio de Ferias y Congresos, Avenida Ortega y Gasset, 201. 29006 MÁLAGA.
Tlf: 952 045 500
Latest posts by Lisa Sadleir (see all)
- How To Get Settled Into Your New Home & Location - 18th March 2021
- Where are the Best, Safest and Cheapest Places to Live in Spain? - 9th November 2020
- A Sand Free Towel: A Reality or an Oxymoron? - 30th August 2020