We decided to spend the first few days of our 3 months,12 weeks, 78 days summer holidays 2015, camping in Granada.
We had originally thought of going to our favourite campsite in Tarifa but as we have several beach destinations planned already for this summer we decided to head up into the mountains. And we were really glad we did.
Having asked local friends and acquaintances on Facebook for suggested campsites, we opted for Camping Las Lomas in Guejar Sierra, Granada.
It was our first time camping in Granada. We are more used to visiting the neighbouring valley, the well-known ski resort of the Sierra Nevada in the winter months.
We decided on Camping Las Lomas for 4 main reasons:
- It is located within 2 hours easy drive of where we live.
- The views looked stunning.
- It has a large swimming pool.
- The plots are private and not too regimented.
We were not disappointed!
Güejar Sierra is a village and municipality located in the province of Granada, Spain. According to the INE, it had a population of 2,988 at the start of 2010. The village is situated in the north-western part of the Sierra Nevada mountain range, at an altitude of 1,088 metres.
The municipality borders Pinos Genil, Dúdar, Quéntar, La Peza, Lugros, Jérez del Marquesado, Trevélez, Capileira and Monachil. Its boundary with Trevélez and Capileira runs along the highest ridge of the Sierra Nevada, and over Mulhacén, making these the three highest municipalities in peninsular Spain. The Genil and Maitena rivers rise in Güéjar.
We spent a great few days, relaxing and discovering the surrounding area…
If you are planning to go camping in Granada, we’d happily recommend Camping Las Lomas. We will be back again, for sure.
Latest posts by Lisa Sadleir (see all)
- Tips For Creating A Garden For A Warmer Climate - 18th October 2018
- 10 Currency Exchange Tips: To Exchange Currencies at A Top Rate, when You Move to Spain - 18th September 2018
- Further Education In Spain: What are the options for your child? - 10th August 2018