In this post, due to popular demand, I am sharing a really easy, healthy banana bread recipe with you.
This was today’s Day 6 lockdown in Spain achievement: Not only is it delicious, but it is also butter-free and sugar-free.
With the amount of cooking I am doing to fill in time, I need to look for healthier alternatives.
Otherwise, when we are allowed to go out of the front door, we won’t be able to fit through
Ingredients for the healthy banana bread recipe:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or olive oil (or a mix)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas about 2-3 medium bananas
- 1 3/4 cups wholewheat flour or plain flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- big pinch of salt
- dark chocolate chips or chopped walnuts, raisins, pecan nuts (optional extras!)
Pre-heat oven to 170C / 325F.
Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
In a medium bowl, sieve the flour, cinnamon/mixed spice, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil, honey, greek yoghurt and vanilla for a couple of minutes. Stir in the mashed bananas, flour mixture and chocolate chips (plus any other add-ins of choice.
Pour the batter into the greased pan.
Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes, slice and enjoy!
Full credit to the original recipe that I adapted slightly to suit our tastes: https://gimmedelicious.com/healthy-moist-banana-bread/
Latest posts by Lisa Sadleir (see all)
- My Thoughts on Brexit in Spain: Finally Looking Forwards after Three Years of Living in Limbo - 24th March 2020
- Easy Healthy Banana Bread Recipe: No Sugar & No Butter - 19th March 2020
- Casa Global Gift: Help Us Make a Difference for Children in Spain! - 18th March 2020